20th Anniversary Conference
Knowledge is Power:
Energizing Information for Application
- Monday, August 14 - 17, 1998
Los Angeles, California, USA
The 20th Annual SALIS Conference was held
Los Angeles, CA. The meeting
featured invited speakers from various realms
of the addictions and information fields:
research, treatment, technology, and policy,
including several members of SALIS. The conference also included a walking tour of the Los Angeles Central Library.
Highlights of the program
- Leigh Hallingby, Lindesmith Center, "The Library Database as Political Statement."
- R.P. Kumar, New Delhi, India, "Energizing Information for Application in Relation to Drug Abuse in the Indian Context."
- Eric Helmuth, SALIS Member from Join Together, "Promising New Internet Tools for Reducing Substance Abuse."
- George Marcelle, SALIS Member, CSAP, "SALIS in Hollywood: The Trivia and the Truth."
- David Hoang and Wayne Sugita, librarians in Los Angeles, "Lessons from LA County's New Information Management Information System."
- Laura Fillmore, President of Open Book Systems, "Web Publishing: Just in Time."
stories and reports from the
conference in SALIS
News 18(3), Fall 1998, also
in the Members section.