21st Annual SALIS
Away: Changing the Way We Work
- Saturday, April 21-24, 1999
Indiana Memorial Union, Indiana University,
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
The 21st Annual SALIS Conference was held
at the Indiana Memorial Union at Indiana University in Bloomington. The meeting
featured invited speakers from various realms
of the addictions and information fields:
research, treatment, technology, and policy,
including several members of SALIS.
Highlights of the program
- Keynote Speaker Robert W. Denniston of the HHS Secretary's Initiative on Youth Substance Abuse, SAMHSA, providing an update on the federal perspective on youth substance abuse.
- William J. Bailey and Mark Pogue, Indiana Prevention Resource Center, "Society's Mixed Messages: Countering the Influence of Popular Music on Creating an Environment Conducive to Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Use."
- Duccio Canestri, Grupo Abele in Torino, Italy, "ELISAD: European Information Networks for Professionals, and the Documentation and Research Centre of Grupo Abele and Its Web Site Infodroge."
- Tom Colthurst, SW Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) and Jan Wrolstad, Mid-America ATTC, "Therapeutic Communities in Correctional Settings."
stories and reports from the
conference in SALIS News 19(2), Summer 1999, also
in the Members section.