Substance Abuse Librarians & Information Specialists
22nd Annual Conference
AOD in Y2K and
Wednesday - Saturday, May 3-6, 2000
Back to the Future of Alcohol and Other Drugs
New York, NY USA
The 22nd Annual SALIS Conference was held
at the New Yorker Hotel in New York City. The meeting
featured invited speakers from various realms
of the addictions and information fields:
research, treatment, technology, and policy,
including several members of SALIS. The conference also included a walking tour of the New York Public Library.
Highlights of the program
- Herbert Kelber, MD, CASA and Ethan Nadelmann, JD, PhD, Lindesmith Center, "Drug Policy as the Century Turns."
- John de Miranda, EdM, from Youth Power in Oakland, CA, "Building Bridges Between Harm Reduction and Traditional Substance Abuse Services."
- Dagobert Soergel, NIAAA Research Librarian, "Searching ETOH with the New 3rd Edition of the AOD Thesaurus."
- Mary-Jo Kline, PhD, MSLS, Brown University, "Alcohol and Drug Information and Education in the New Millennium."
- Stephanie Asteriadis, MA, CASAT, University of Nevada, Reno, "The Western CAPT: Bridging Research to Practice with Trend-Setting Technology for the Turn of the Century."
Find stories and reports from the
conference in SALIS News 20(2), Summer 2000, also
in the Members section.