24th Annual SALIS Conference
Capitalizing on the Value of
- Saturday, April 16-20, 2002
Radisson Barcelo Hotel in Washington DC, USA
The 24th Annual SALIS Conference was held
at the Radisson Barcelo Hotel in Washington, DC, hosted by Liz Foster, Librarian
for the National
Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI).
featured invited speakers from various realms
of the addictions and information fields:
research, treatment, technology, and policy,
including several members of SALIS.
Special thanks also to NCADI and Social
and Health Services for hosting the Conference and for
providing videotaping of Federal presenters.
Highlights of the program
- Ann Acosta, MSW, Public Health Advisor, CSAP, "CSAP's Prevention Pathways: Online Courses."
- Jean Lud Cadet, MD, Chief, Molecular Neuropsychiatry Section, NIDA, "Neuropsychosociobiology of Methamphetamine Abuse."
- Thomas Rouault, Director, TOXIBASE, "Prevention Goals in Documentation Centers."
- Andrew Wahl, MSLS, Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, "The Squeaky Wheel: Creating Higher Visibility and Awareness of Your Library and Information Center."
- Sanho Tree, Director, Drug Policy Project, Institute for Policy Studies, "Addicted to Failure: Exporting the U.S. Drug War Overseas."
Slides from many of
the presentations can be viewed by SALIS members in the Members Only
section of this website. Find
stories and reports from the
conference in SALIS News 19(2), Summer 2002
also in the Members Only section.